Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nametag

So here I am to speak in my voice.  Not the mommy voice, the wifey voice, the preacher voice, the sister voice.  And here's hoping I will find and recognize that voice.  And that once I find and recognize that voice, I will be at peace with what I sound like.  I am okay with not having peace with everything I say.  I am working very hard on letting myself off the "perfect" hook.  (I am such a perfectionist...that I won't publish this blog today...that I reject the label perfectionist because it's not very perfect sounding).  So, I will not be at peace with everything I say because I don't know the whole truth and I am praying that my mind will change with each rotation I take around the sun.

I hope this blog will help me to continue to answer the question, "Who Am I?"  Because I am sure that I don't want to come to the end of my life and not have that answer.  I take that back.  I am okay not knowing that answer.  I don't want to come to the end of my life and discover I never really asked the question.

I am not a wife.  I am, gratefully married to my best friend and soul mate, a wife.  But I am not just a wife.
I am not a mother.  I am, joyfully mothering the 4 most glorious, delicious, delightful children, a mother.  But I am not just a mother.
I am not a pastor.  I am, passionately serving among others in the Kingdom as a United Methodist Clergy-woman, a pastor.  But I am not just a pastor!
I am a sister, a daughter, a cousin, a friend.  But all of these titles are who I am to someone else.  And they make up a piece of me.  But they aren't me.  And that has taken a long time to admit.

I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment